International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Filtering job posts by price
Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:20
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2009

I have just read yet another post complaining about job offer with too low rate - http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/139247-did_i_miss_something.html . Would it be technically very difficult to allow Proz.com members to filter job offers so that they would see only those with a minimum (set in member's profile) rate?

I don;t think that we are going to get read of job offers with low rates (I don't even think that we should) but maybe it would be nice to give us an option of seeing these jobs or no.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

[Edited at 2009-07-04 18:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:20
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
AFAIK Jul 4, 2009

this is in place already for years in the sense you are not receiving notifications of jobs below your stated min rate in your profile.

Of course, browsing jobs is another matter, then you see all posted jobs. Or do you want them filtered out from your browsing view too ? (Yes, I too am considering asking our main local news portal to filter out of my browsing news I don't want to know, the problem is I somehow am stuck with finalizing the list..) (ggg)

Uldis

Stanislaw Czech wrote:
...but maybe it would be nice to give us an option of seeing these jobs or no.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-07-04 18:58 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Limitation of notofocations is very useful Jul 4, 2009

but maybe it would be possible to extend it to browsing as well - the way it is done with Kudoz now - you can choose which questions you want to have displayed.

After all what else the staff could do about jobs with low rates? It would be neither fair nor reasonable to prevent posters from posting them (in case of such regulation they would simply not provide information about offered rate).

BR
Stanislaw

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:20
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Please be reasonable Jul 4, 2009

In fact, what you are asking for is *censorship of your browsing rights*, carried out by a third party by their own judgment. I've heard there is one not so small country in this World which has already implemented this wholesale - and I wonder if you consider it a good idea and if you indeed want to propagate it further...

Uldis

Stanislaw Czech wrote:
but maybe it would be possible to extend it to browsing as well - the way it is done with Kudoz now - you can choose which questions you want to have displayed.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-07-04 21:39 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Actually it's not something I would be using myself Jul 4, 2009

I believe that it should be optional, however it seems like a perfect option for some people http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/139247-did_i_miss_something.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering job posts by price

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search