Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:51
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 4, 2009

I have just read yet another post complaining about job offer with too low rate - http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/139247-did_i_miss_something.html . Would it be technically very difficult to allow Proz.com members to filter job offers so that they would see only those with a minimum (set in member's profile) rate?

I don;t think that we are goin
... See more
I have just read yet another post complaining about job offer with too low rate - http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/139247-did_i_miss_something.html . Would it be technically very difficult to allow Proz.com members to filter job offers so that they would see only those with a minimum (set in member's profile) rate?

I don;t think that we are going to get read of job offers with low rates (I don't even think that we should) but maybe it would be nice to give us an option of seeing these jobs or no.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

[Edited at 2009-07-04 18:18 GMT]
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:51
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
AFAIK Jul 4, 2009

this is in place already for years in the sense you are not receiving notifications of jobs below your stated min rate in your profile.

Of course, browsing jobs is another matter, then you see all posted jobs. Or do you want them filtered out from your browsing view too ? (Yes, I too am considering asking our main local news portal to filter out of my browsing news I don't want to know, the problem is I somehow am stuck with finalizing the list..) (ggg)

Uldis

Stanislaw Czech wrote:
...but maybe it would be nice to give us an option of seeing these jobs or no.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-07-04 18:58 GMT]

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Limitation of notofocations is very useful Jul 4, 2009

but maybe it would be possible to extend it to browsing as well - the way it is done with Kudoz now - you can choose which questions you want to have displayed.

After all what else the staff could do about jobs with low rates? It would be neither fair nor reasonable to prevent posters from posting them (in case of such regulation they would simply not provide information about offered rate).

BR
Stanislaw

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:51
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Please be reasonable Jul 4, 2009

In fact, what you are asking for is *censorship of your browsing rights*, carried out by a third party by their own judgment. I've heard there is one not so small country in this World which has already implemented this wholesale - and I wonder if you consider it a good idea and if you indeed want to propagate it further...

Uldis

Stanislaw Czech wrote:
but maybe it would be possible to extend it to browsing as well - the way it is done with Kudoz now - you can choose which questions you want to have displayed.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-07-04 21:39 GMT]

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Actually it's not something I would be using myself Jul 4, 2009

I believe that it should be optional, however it seems like a perfect option for some people http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/139247-did_i_miss_something.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering job posts by price

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »