Thread poster: Shannon Summers
Shannon Summers
Shannon Summers  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:04
Member (2008)
French to English
Jul 31, 2009

Before the job notification emails were recently re-formatted, they included a little more information about the job and job poster. All emails used to include who/what company was posting the job. The new email notification format doesn't. This was very helpful information to determine whether I wanted to click the link to find out more about the job. If I knew it was from a company I've already communicated with and/or was undesirable, I could make my decision whether to click through. Now, I ... See more
Before the job notification emails were recently re-formatted, they included a little more information about the job and job poster. All emails used to include who/what company was posting the job. The new email notification format doesn't. This was very helpful information to determine whether I wanted to click the link to find out more about the job. If I knew it was from a company I've already communicated with and/or was undesirable, I could make my decision whether to click through. Now, I have to click on the link every time just to see what company is posting, and more often than not, it wasn't worth it.

Why did this change, and can it please be included back?

It would also be nice to include other pieces of pertinent information in the emails, such as brief description, price, etc.
Collapse

Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:04
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Seconded Aug 1, 2009

I would like to see that included, too - at least the name of the job poster.

Hoda Omar
Hoda Omar
Egypt
Local time: 03:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree with you! Aug 1, 2009

This will save much more time and also very helpful.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Improved classic job notifications Aug 3, 2009

Hi all,

Classic jobs notifications have been improved to include just basic information about the job such as language pair(s), field, delivery and quoting deadlines and title:

Subject line: New job posting on ProZ.com:

Body: URL: http://www.proz.com/job/xxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------
Language pair(s): [language] to [language]
Title: [job title]
Delivery deadline: [date] [time]
Quoting deadline: [date] [time]
Subject field: [field]

This job is available only to ProZ.com members until [time] [date]

URL: http://www.proz.com/job/319462
------------------------------------------

You are receiving this email message because you signed up for
email notifications of this type in your ProZ.com email
preferences.

Set your jobs notifications preferences here: http://www.www.proz.com/?sp=dashboard&sp_mode=jobs

To unsubscribe from ProZ.com email notifications, go to: http://www.proz.com/?sp=unsubscribe

Need help? Please contact staff via a support request at http://www.proz.com/support

Do not reply to this message! Use the links provided above.

======= Tips for service providers ========

Before accepting work from an outsourcer, you may want to:

* Check the Blue Board, http://www.proz.com/blueboard/
* Check the outsourcer's contact information for reliable email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
* Investigate the outsourcer as fully as possible
* Don't forget to request a Purchase Order (PO)
* Be wary of large test translations

Note that outsourcers' real and company names have been excluded from the notification to respect job posters' confidentiality, specially for cases in which the notification recipient does not finally meet the job requirements to submit a quote and then see the outsourcers' contact information.

Hope this explains.

Please let me know if you have any doubt.

Regards,

Lucia

Shannon Summers
Shannon Summers  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:04
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Disagree Aug 3, 2009

Lucia, while the job notifications may have included some of the improvements you mention, the removal of the job poster is far from an improvement. Your comment about excluding job poster's information because of confidentiality in case the recipient doesn't meet the job requirements does not make any sense at all. If the recipient doesn't meet the job requirements, he/she shouldn't be receiving the job notification anyway! Aren't notifications restricted to those who meet the job poster's sele... See more
Lucia, while the job notifications may have included some of the improvements you mention, the removal of the job poster is far from an improvement. Your comment about excluding job poster's information because of confidentiality in case the recipient doesn't meet the job requirements does not make any sense at all. If the recipient doesn't meet the job requirements, he/she shouldn't be receiving the job notification anyway! Aren't notifications restricted to those who meet the job poster's selected criteria?? If the recipient meets the criteria, then there is no violation in confidentiality!Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Classic jobs notifications criteria Aug 4, 2009

Hi Shannon,

Please note that classic jobs notifications are sent taking into account the following fields in a job posting, apart from jobs notifications preferences:

* Language pair
* Service type
* Subject Field
* Rates

However, note that outsources may also restrict their jobs using the following criteria:

* Membership
* Account type
... See more
Hi Shannon,

Please note that classic jobs notifications are sent taking into account the following fields in a job posting, apart from jobs notifications preferences:

* Language pair
* Service type
* Subject Field
* Rates

However, note that outsources may also restrict their jobs using the following criteria:

* Membership
* Account type
* Native language
* Software
* Credentials
* Expertise

Thus, when receiving a job notification what you are receiving is an alert that a job was posted in the language pair reported in your profile, in one of your fields, within your rates and looking for one of the services you offer. But this is just an alert. To the see the job's details, you must visit the job posting.

Hope this explains further.

Just let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More information in job notification emails please

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »