International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Filtering by subject/field in Kudoz "Answered" Tab
Thread poster: Kay Barbara

Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:59
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 22, 2010

Dear all,

First of all I hope I didn't miss anything (existing thread or function already implemented somewhere)!

When you are looking at someone's history of answered Kudoz questions, I thought it would be nice if you could filter them according to fields. I think the biggest benefit would be for askers asking questions in little frequented fields where peer comments are sometimes rare. With this feature askers could check the answerers' track record in any given field which would be more informative than just looking at the number of questions answered (in any field) or the total number of kudoz points. This could help them establish which answerer is likely to have provided a good answer.

I appreciate that it would be optimitic to expect all askers use this feature to their advantage but I think it might benefit some of the more professional askers. Another point (less significant, I admit) would be that users could peruse their past kudoz successes (and failures) in a field of their choice more easilyicon_smile.gif.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Kay

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:59
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
KudoZ points (and actual answers) by field Feb 22, 2010

Hi Kay,
If you click on the person's KudoZ Point Totals on his/her profile page, you get the field by field breakdown. You can click on the red "Points" total for each field and the actual list of questions/answers will be displayed.
Is this what you are looking for?

Katalin

Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:59
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much, Katalin! Feb 22, 2010

Hi Katalin,

This was exactly what I was looking for. I think I might have used it before and I have just forgotten how to get there. So I guess this thread has become obsolete rather quickly.

Well, maybe it could be made clearer in some place that this function is available but that's probably just meicon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Kay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering by subject/field in Kudoz "Answered" Tab

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search