https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/16190-how_about_adding_line_to_job_bidding_form_pricing_mod%3Adone.html

How about adding "line" to Job bidding form Pricing (Mod:'done')
Thread poster: Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2003

Currently, you can specify pricing only by word, hour or total. Some countries, notably Germany, charge by the line. Why not add line, and also "page" as a charging option.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 16:24]

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Other pricing Nov 27, 2003

Why not add line, and also "page" as a
charging option.[/quote]

Lars,

You can do that under the "other pricing" field. I do that every time I bid for a De>En project originating in countries where line counts are the standard, like Germany.

Marcus

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:57
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Support for the idea Nov 27, 2003

Yes, this feature could easily be realised in the software. Also I find it stupid that the pricing is automatically asumed to be in US-Dollars. Probably most transactions in our trade are done nowadays in Euro.

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
clarification Nov 27, 2003

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Also I find it stupid that the pricing is automatically asumed to be in US-Dollars. Probably most transactions in our trade are done nowadays in Euro.

Heinrich,

Had you investigated further, you'd find out that if you click on the currency drop-down menu, all the other currencies will appear and you can select your own.

Again, the "other pricing" field states:

"If the pricing for this bid doesn't fit the format above, or if there is additional pricing information for this bid, please enter it into the box above."

This is where you place your per-line bid. Very simple and no need to install another feature.

HTH,
Marcus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How about adding "line" to Job bidding form Pricing (Mod:'done')

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »