Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:38
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

Jun 7, 2010

Dear ProZ.com Staff,

Noticing an increasing number of errant KudoZ questions and help requests that completely disregard the basic rules & guidelines for the Terminology Help option, I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to add a link to the drop-down menu under "Terminology" (second from the left link at the top of the ProZ main page, next to "Home") that would take site users straight to the KudoZ guidelines & rules on asking. Many errant questions and unnecessary discussions could be avoided this way. Sometimes there are colleagues willing to spend time on explaining why a certain question should be edited or moved or, on occasion, should not have been posted at all, but quite often these questions just sit there unanswered indefinitely. I think all this could be easily avoided if there was a simple way to access the guidelines even *before* such problematic questions appear.

Thank you in advance for considering my suggestion.

Best regards,
Ildiko'

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 20:38
SITE STAFF
How about building some of the guidelines into the ask form? Jun 8, 2010

Hello Ildiko,

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder if it wouldn't be more effective to include this information, or the relevant links to the guidelines, directly in the term help asking form at http://www.proz.com/ask/ ?

Best regards,

Jared

Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:38
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
even better! Jun 8, 2010

Yes, by all means; that would be even better. At the very top, bolded and red. : )
Thanks Jared for your speedy response!

Best regards,
Ildiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology - add link to FAQ

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search