Full agency names in Recent Blue Board Queries box? (Mod:'done')
Thread poster: Stefanie Sendelbach

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:15
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 20, 2004

Hello everybody,

I like the new Recent Blue Board Queries box on the left side of the page. Very good idea! Previously it was hardly possible to find out about these inquiries.

BUT what if I am a non-paying member and cannot see the full name of the agency in the small box on the left side? Does that mean that I have to go to the Blue Board and pay 50 Brownies to see for which agency the comment is requested?

I would find it helpful to be able to see the full name in the box itself. Or, if this is not possible, link another page inbetween the Recent Blue Board Queries box and the BB site where one can see which agency is meant.

Thanks,
sun

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 15:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
BB alerts contain full name and link for rating the agency Feb 20, 2004

Hi,

Previously it was hardly possible to find out about these inquiries.

Actually, every member (I have just checked) can receive BlueBoard Queries.

Profile > Email Preferences > Other Notifications

and check the box

"Check this box if you are willing to respond to inquiries regarding aoutsourcer payment practices (blue board)"

Giuliana

Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Giuliana! Feb 20, 2004

I just changed my settings according to your suggestion.

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:15
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Making the BlueBoard more visible Feb 21, 2004

sundari wrote:
...I like the new Recent Blue Board Queries box on the left side of the page. Very good idea! Previously it was hardly possible to find out about these inquiries.

Dear site programmer,
I would like to suggest to make of the BlueBoard a complete major section in the home page, similar to the Jobs, KudoZ and Forum boxes in the center of the page.

This solution would give to the BB a greater visibility and we could see full name, address and country for each new entry.

This box, containing just the latest 5-6 entries, could perhaps have a link to an extended listing of the last 50 entries, in a format similar to the latest forum postings and, of course, a link to the BlueBoard main pages.

Would you consider this format?
it would promote the BlueBoard at the same level of other major site features, and I believe that the BB deserves it...

Thank you
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-02-22 12:02]

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:15
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Click on the Agency's shortened name,and the full name & country is displayed(no brownies needed:-) Feb 21, 2004

sundari wrote:
...I like the new Recent Blue Board Queries box on the left side of the page. Very good idea! Previously it was hardly possible to find out about these inquiries.

All for making the BB more prominent though.

Giuli~
(English Russian Georgian)

[Edited at 2004-02-21 12:38]

Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now. Thank you! Feb 21, 2004

Thank you Giuli,

I just tried that and it works now. Last time when I tried, I was linked to a page where I should decide whether to pay 50 Brownies or not (without being able to see the name of the agency).

Thanks to the person who did this change!

Sun

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Full agency names in Recent Blue Board Queries box? (Mod:'done')

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search