Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:07
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 3, 2011

Hello, Staff

Currently, there is a section on the profile page called "Payment method accepted". If a user accepts PayPal etc, this is not stated in that section, however. PayPal etc is indicated at the top of the profile page, but not in the section where an outsourcer might also expect it to be, namely in the "Payment method accepted" section.

So for me, my profile says only "Payment method accepted: Wire transfer", thereby creating the impression that I accept *only* wire transfers.

Suggestion: if a user accepts PayPal, Moneybookers etc, mention that information in the "Payment method accepted" section of the profile page.

Thanks
Samuel

Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:07
Chinese to English
+ ...
I find this strange too Mar 3, 2011

But I also notice that it is listed in some (random?) users’ profiles. Which suggests that this non-display is most likely a bug in need of fixing.

Allison Wright  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:07
German to English
+ ...
I support Samuel's suggestion Mar 3, 2011

I had thought I was just being daft, not being able to find the option-icon_smile.gif

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Referred to internal development Mar 3, 2011

Hello All,

Please note that the reason why PayPal payment method is shown at the top of profiles when a PayPal email address is entered in the "Financial" section of the Profile updater is to allow clients to go straight to PayPal to make a payment by clicking on the "PayPal" link ("PayPal" is made a hyperlink when visibility permissions are set to "Everyone").

Now, I agree that PayPal should also be available in the list of payment methods accepted. Let me refer this to internal development to have it adjusted.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucía

Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 08:07
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...

how to add PayPal to the list of payment methods accepted Mar 4, 2011

Simply click on edit icon next to "Payment method accepted" on the main profile page, then under "Other payment methods you have listed:" there's a field called "Add payment method not listed:". Write in "PayPal" and you're done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mention PayPal etc in "Payment method accepted" on profile page

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search