Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:22
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 11, 2011

Currently, and as far as I can tell, the only way to see the contributions made to KOG entries or whether they have been made at all is to click on "Contribute to this entry" on the page of the KudoZ question itself.

When I search the KudoZ open glossary entries, I can see that contributions have been made (although I have to click on "Add comment" to see what comments were made).

These entries appear, however, without any reference to possible contributions in various
... See more
Currently, and as far as I can tell, the only way to see the contributions made to KOG entries or whether they have been made at all is to click on "Contribute to this entry" on the page of the KudoZ question itself.

When I search the KudoZ open glossary entries, I can see that contributions have been made (although I have to click on "Add comment" to see what comments were made).

These entries appear, however, without any reference to possible contributions in various other places, for example, in the results of term searches.

Neither there nor on the page of the KudoZ question itself is there an indication that contributions have been made to the KOG entry (or even that one has to click "Contribute" to see such contributions).

Would it be possible to make contributions to KOG entries more easily accessible on the page of the KudoZ question and visible elsewhere (e.g., in the search results) or at least make it visible on the page of the KudoZ question that contributions to the KOG entry have been made at all?

Would it also perhaps be possible to add the word "view" (e.g., "Add/view comments") to both the link on the page of the KudoZ question as well as the search page of the KudoZ open glossary?

Thanks for looking into this.

[Edited at 2011-03-11 14:32 GMT]
Collapse

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 06:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
The more discussion, the better. Mar 11, 2011

I will second Derek's proposal. If a colleague has taken the time to comment on a KOG entry that I'm consulting, I want to have access to that comment! The "view comments" proposal would be very useful.

Jane

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Recurring topic Mar 11, 2011

Hi Derek,

I fully agree with your proposal, which has been submitted at least once before (without any implementation so far): http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/134153-kudoz_contribute_to_this_entry_whats_the_use.html

Best regards,

Steffen

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
+1 Mar 11, 2011

Steffen Walter wrote:

Hi Derek,

I fully agree with your proposal, which has been submitted at least once before (without any implementation so far): http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/134153-kudoz_contribute_to_this_entry_whats_the_use.html

Best regards,

Steffen

With Derek, Jane and Steffen.

[Edited at 2011-03-11 22:57 GMT]

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Definitely, +1 Mar 14, 2011

When I look for reliable information I appreciate every piece of information I can find. KOG looks like an obvious place for opinions and comments.
S

[Edited at 2011-03-14 13:59 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
+1 Mar 14, 2011

Me too.

Michael

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Definitely! Mar 15, 2011

Quite agree.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making contributions to KOG entries (more) visible

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »