Dropdown menu in "Languages:" does not store all my preferred selections (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: desiderata (X)
desiderata (X)
desiderata (X)
Apr 13, 2004

You have the box entitled "KudoZ(tm) Term Questions" then an opportunity to select "Languages:" and "Fields:". The latter defaults to "My Kudoz Fields", which is IMO fine.
But, I want to switch back and forth between German>English and English>German KudoZ lists.
Sometimes both selections remain memorized in the "Languages:" dropdown menu. But, usually, one has dropped out: i.e. I see only one of my two favored translation directions have been stored in the dropdown menu. So I ha
... See more
You have the box entitled "KudoZ(tm) Term Questions" then an opportunity to select "Languages:" and "Fields:". The latter defaults to "My Kudoz Fields", which is IMO fine.
But, I want to switch back and forth between German>English and English>German KudoZ lists.
Sometimes both selections remain memorized in the "Languages:" dropdown menu. But, usually, one has dropped out: i.e. I see only one of my two favored translation directions have been stored in the dropdown menu. So I have to manipulate the field via the "All Languages" option to switch to my other KudoZ list.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 17:07]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 17:08]
Collapse

desiderata (X)
desiderata (X)
TOPIC STARTER
See Pablo Grosschmid thread Apr 13, 2004

I didn't notice he had started the selfsame topic.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:12
SITE FOUNDER
If you want the language to appear in your list, add it to the languages in your profile Apr 13, 2004

If you add the languages as an "interest" pair (as opposed to "working" pair) in your profile, the option will remain there. Clients will not see the pair among your working languages.

desiderata (X)
desiderata (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for answer. Apr 14, 2004

Henry wrote:

If you add the languages as an "interest" pair (as opposed to "working" pair) in your profile, the option will remain there. Clients will not see the pair among your working languages.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dropdown menu in "Languages:" does not store all my preferred selections (Staff: fixed)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »