How about a "multilanguage" glossary category? (K)
Thread poster: Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:54
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2004

I would like to suggest a "multilanguage" category as a language pair for the glossaries. I compile all my terms in a miscellaneous glossaries, but these are classified by topic, not language.

For example, my aerospace glossary has English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch terms (some 1200 or so in total), with miscellaneous language combinations. When I go however to the global Glossaries list, I see that the Glossary is listed as English-Spanish.

Perhaps this could b
... See more
I would like to suggest a "multilanguage" category as a language pair for the glossaries. I compile all my terms in a miscellaneous glossaries, but these are classified by topic, not language.

For example, my aerospace glossary has English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch terms (some 1200 or so in total), with miscellaneous language combinations. When I go however to the global Glossaries list, I see that the Glossary is listed as English-Spanish.

Perhaps this could be even made automatic, the individual entries in the glossary are indicated correctly in their respective language pairs.

I do not know how the search in the Glossaries is made, but if it works on the basis of only one language pair and uses the language pair of the glossary (instead of that of the individual entry), then a lot of entries will be skipped...

BTW, it would be nice if it displayed the number of entries of a glossary on the first page of that particular glossary.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 14:48]
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Been waiting for this a long time, actually Aug 22, 2004

I have a paper glossary of idiomatic expressions from grad school that I can't upload because it's trilingual (work to the 3rd power)...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How about a "multilanguage" glossary category? (K)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »