Directory search by country (P)
Thread poster: Alejandra Villarroel

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2004

I mean, including all language pairs and areas of expertise at least for the first screening.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 14:41]

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:24
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Included in the new translators' directory Sep 15, 2004

Alejandra Villarroel wrote:

I mean, including all language pairs and areas of expertise at least for the first screening.

Dear Alejandra,

this function is already available in the new upcoming directory, where it will be possible to select a view by Country regardless of any other parameter, language, specialization or else, and then refine further the search later.
I believe that this is exactly what you intended and briefly described...

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
already available ? Sep 15, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:
this function is already available in the new upcoming directory, where it will be possible to select a view by Country regardless of any other parameter, language, specialization or else, and then refine further the search later.

Is it already available or is it upcoming?

I suppose that Alejandra meant to be able to look for all the translators living in Chile, regardless the languages they work on, which would be very useful for Powwows, for example.

Claudia

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:24
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Existing for testing but not yet available Sep 15, 2004

Dear Claudia,
sorry about my wording, probably not perfectly clear.

I meant to say that the feature is already existing for testing purposes, but not yet available to the public. That explains my enigmatic "already available in the new upcoming directory".

I should have said "already existing in the new upcoming directory, but not yet available to the public until official release"

I hope this is more clear now.
Gianfranco

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
These are very good news Sep 15, 2004

Thanks Gianfranco, it's very clear and it makes me very happy.

Claudia

Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
JUST GREAT! Sep 15, 2004

I'll have to strike it out of my wishlist, and YES Claudia, I thought of that option just as I was organizing our last powwow.
ALE

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

Dear Claudia,
sorry about my wording, probably not perfectly clear.

I meant to say that the feature is already existing for testing purposes, but not yet available to the public. That explains my enigmatic "already available in the new upcoming directory".

I should have said "already existing in the new upcoming directory, but not yet available to the public until official release"

I hope this is more clear now.
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-09-15 19:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Directory search by country (P)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search