https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/27660-top_a_link_to_move_the_page_back_to_the_top_of_the_page_g.html

"TOP" - a link to move the page back to the top of the page (G)
Thread poster: Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:43
Danish to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2004

Would it be possible at the bottom of a Proz page to have a link to move the page back to the top of the page, something like "TOP". Then after reading a page and reaching the bottom, the reader can click on "TOP" and the page automatically returns to the top of the page. As I see it now, the reader has to scroll back up.

Just a thought, but I find it a great convenience in the Web pages I enter, and thought it would be nice to have in PROZ also.

[Subject edited by staff o
... See more
Would it be possible at the bottom of a Proz page to have a link to move the page back to the top of the page, something like "TOP". Then after reading a page and reaching the bottom, the reader can click on "TOP" and the page automatically returns to the top of the page. As I see it now, the reader has to scroll back up.

Just a thought, but I find it a great convenience in the Web pages I enter, and thought it would be nice to have in PROZ also.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-01 22:28]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:43
English to German
+ ...
Use the 'Pos1'/'End' keys Dec 16, 2004

Hi,
Have you tried using the Pos1 / End keys (not sure about the labels on a US keyboard - I'm referring to the central keys above the arrow keys, between Ins/Del and PgUp/PgDn)? You can use Pos1 to jump to the top of a page, and End to go to the end.

HTH, Ralf

PS I moved the thread to ProZ.com Suggestions.

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TOP/HOME Dec 16, 2004

Yes Ralf, I am aware of the button "home" between "insert" and "page up", which I use when keyboarding. The suggestion was for convenience when "mousing".

[Edited at 2004-12-16 14:50]

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Taking my blinders off Dec 16, 2004

Ralf, Ralf, after using the Proz pages for years and years, I found the TOP part on the page. It is a small print on the right side on the bottom of the page.

So sorry, please delete all the "TOP" postings.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 23:43
Italian to Danish
+ ...
I can't see no small print! Dec 16, 2004

I went looking for it, but this small print seems to be reserved for Platinums???

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:43
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
No, I can't see it either Dec 16, 2004

I guess no discrimination there

Uldis

Dinny wrote:
I went looking for it, but this small print seems to be reserved for Platinums???

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:43
German to English
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/topic/20399 Dec 17, 2004

BLANGSTED wrote:
The suggestion was for convenience when "mousing".

[Edited at 2004-12-16 14:50]

I'd appreciate such a feature too, FWIW.

I submitted a similar posting myself a while back (http://www.proz.com/topic/20399), but it fell on the same deaf ears. Maybe there are more of us this time!?

Ciao,

Nazim Aziz Gokdemir
Nazim Aziz Gokdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:43
English to Turkish
+ ...
can't.... see... button.... Dec 17, 2004

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

Maybe there are more of us this time!?

Ciao,

At least one more.

Where is the button some people are talking about? Are they looking at the old design?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"TOP" - a link to move the page back to the top of the page (G)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »