https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/28456-featuring_proz_members_link_to_residence_country.html

Featuring ProZ members: link to residence country?
Thread poster: Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2005

Hi all!

Featuring members on the very first page of ProZ.com is a splendid marketing idea, however I don't think the supposed aim has been achieved when a translator in Europe, whose most clients also are in Europe, gets featured at 2 am... I guess there aren't too many potential clients around sitting in front of the screen at night just waiting for featured translators

Most of us have included the resid
... See more
Hi all!

Featuring members on the very first page of ProZ.com is a splendid marketing idea, however I don't think the supposed aim has been achieved when a translator in Europe, whose most clients also are in Europe, gets featured at 2 am... I guess there aren't too many potential clients around sitting in front of the screen at night just waiting for featured translators

Most of us have included the residence country into our profiles. Wouldn't it be a good idea to link the residence country to the featuring function, meaning that you will only get featured between 8 am and 4 pm, or even 6 am until 6 pm, when there is a feasible chance that clients will ever notice.

Also, considering the huge number of ProZ.com members now being platinum members (no idea how many we are by now), it would by all means take ages before getting featured again. Why don't feature 5 members at once, and thus reducing this waiting period?

Thanks.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Hansson
Technical translator DE-SE
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
E-Mail [email protected]
Internet www.hansson.de
Internet www.t-translators.net
Internet www.technical-translators.net
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654

[Edited at 2005-01-17 11:18]
Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 13:48
German to English
It would be interesting to know Jan 17, 2005

...how often one comes up as a featured Pro. Being one who was featured at 2 am on a Sunday morning...

sylvie

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 07:48
SITE STAFF
Additional criteria for featured pro are being considered Feb 16, 2005

Hi Erik,

Considering additional criteria for deciding which profiles to feature on the home page is one of the tasks in our TODO list this year. For the time being, however, all platinum members with a profile photo receive their "15 minutes of fame" several times at random intervals.

Something to consider about your suggestion is that many members aren't looking exclusively for clients that reside in their own countries.

I appreciate your suggestion, and i
... See more
Hi Erik,

Considering additional criteria for deciding which profiles to feature on the home page is one of the tasks in our TODO list this year. For the time being, however, all platinum members with a profile photo receive their "15 minutes of fame" several times at random intervals.

Something to consider about your suggestion is that many members aren't looking exclusively for clients that reside in their own countries.

I appreciate your suggestion, and it will be revisited when the featured pro revisions are being made.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:48
German to English
Featuring ProZ members Feb 16, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

I have to second Jason's observation. I live in Mexico, but most of my clients live in Germany. Ideally, from my perspective, my profile would be featured when German clients are visiting the page.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Featuring ProZ members: link to residence country?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »