Thread poster: jssnowden

jssnowden  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:46
French to English
+ ...
Dec 22, 2015

Evening all,

I've just purchased some new technology and I'm getting down with my generation. One thing that has crossed my mind is whether will be investing in a mobile-friendly website/app any time soon to aid our translators and interpreters on the move? I'm not always at my desk/on my laptop (such as now) and it would be nice to have such a thing.

Has anyone heard any rumours or perhaps could a Mod shed some light on anything that might be in the pipeline?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy holidays to one and all!

Direct link Reply with quote

Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Great idea! Dec 23, 2015

Hi Jonny,
It would be so so useful to have a mobile app for proz, it would really make things easier!

Hopefully this would do:

Dear Santa,
we are a bunch of translators and interpreters who have behaved very very good this year, please send us this little tiny gift at last!

Your faithfully,

P.S.: I still have your address, Santa, do not disappoint us lol

Wish you happy holidays!

[Edited at 2015-12-23 10:20 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Survey on a potential mobile version Feb 2, 2016

Hello Jonny, hello Serena,

Thanks for expressing your interest in a mobile-friendly version of

A survey on a potential mobile version is currently running at and I thought you may be interested in taking it. It shouldn't take long as it just a couple of questions long.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » mobile-friendly website/app

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search