Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:47
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 22, 2005

Could one of the web wizards write a plugin for ConQuery (search function for Mozilla Firefox) that would enable to search for KudoZ questions?

Naturally, the plugins would have to be edited for relevant languages, but an example would be very helpful...

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Google better Feb 23, 2005

Actually, KudoZ searches are carried out much more effectively through Google than through ProZ's KudoZ search, as I remarked here. So I find it convenient to just do KudoZ searches using the built-in Google search window in the Firefox toolbar.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
ConQuery plugin Mar 9, 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to fiddle around with ConQuery, and actually managed to build one (two) of their plugin files.

*However*, before anyone thinks "That's great", there are quite some restrictions to ConQuery. First of all, the plugin I built for Proz.com Internet Search cannot handle more than one dictionary/machine engine/search engine at a time. In short, you can only query one of these at a time. That's no real advantage over visiting the site directly and entering
... See more
Hi,

I've been trying to fiddle around with ConQuery, and actually managed to build one (two) of their plugin files.

*However*, before anyone thinks "That's great", there are quite some restrictions to ConQuery. First of all, the plugin I built for Proz.com Internet Search cannot handle more than one dictionary/machine engine/search engine at a time. In short, you can only query one of these at a time. That's no real advantage over visiting the site directly and entering your request there.

The other part, the glossary search, isn't working with ConQuery. I don't have a clue why, but it does not initiate a search. There is no problem in passing on search terms or language combinations, however, you can't reliably choose the three checkboxes below (when I tried, I always failed to uncheck the second box while I was able to handle the first and the third box) and - as I've already mentioned - ConQuery does not initiate the search process, i.e. you will have to click on the search button yourself. I am not sure where the problem is here, but I know for sure that the glossary search form does not support a simple enter; you *always* have to click on the button to start the search process. This might be the reason here.

The best solution for this is to use the bookmarklet that is mentioned in this thread http://www.proz.com/post/163677#163677

This one does work with the glossary search.

HTH.

Sonja
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Simplicity of use, that is all... Mar 9, 2005

The nice thing about ConConquery is that you can search from within the web documents... So instead of: "select text, copy, open search page (or servlet) paste, enter, go to window (tab)" you have "select text, select from the menu, go to window (tab)".

I also have made a small plugin, but this one searches Google with "Kudoz" keyword (as I was told this is quite effective).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request for ConQuery plugin

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »