Thread poster: Samuel Murray

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:20
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Re Thomas Frost's screenshot Jan 11

The screenshot doesn't show the whole picture. The last sentence says: "If you wanted to post a new topic, go back and use the 'Post a new topic' link."

Notice that it didn't say anything about any Rule. I wasn't referring to how the program works, but the rules.

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:20
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Using "Re: thread title" Jan 11

I don't think that is a good idea, because I've seen quite a few of those and they can look quite messy. It's either Re:re:re:re: .... or just a duplication of Re: topic, but whoever is responding to a thread (or reading it) should already know what it is about.

It seems like a good idea to have the option to title your reply (if you have a purpose for it) or leave it blank (if you don't have a particular reason to title it).

DZiW
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
"Inclusive" Jan 12

Actually, removing the reply titles will not break the forums, just making it easier for more people to have a say. While a short description may serve as tags or keywords for better indexing, it should NOT be a must. Furthermore, the stuff often ignores the titles of replies using dummy lines far from summarizing

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Make title of replies in forums optional

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search