https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/35477-spacing_proz_polls_out.html

Spacing Proz Polls out
Thread poster: Kimmy
Kimmy
Kimmy
Local time: 20:19
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2005

to give the results a better chance of being more realistic! If a new POLL comes up almost everyday it's difficult to see the genuine trend!

For example the one on income would have been interesting to see how it developed!

Today's one (Target Vs Source) is also very valid and I feel that they would benefit and be more useful if a poll lasted a week!

What do you think?

Kim

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-09 07:59]

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:19
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
And showing the current poll results longer Aug 9, 2005

Right now, after voting, the poll disappears very soon from the main page. I would prefer to see the current poll's results on the main ProZ page instead of, say, recent BB queries history.

Is it possible to show the current poll window on the main page all the time until the poll lasts? I believe there is enough of free space on sides to move the recent BB queries window to another place.

Using the opportunity, I would also propose to put Search window higher than Welc
... See more
Right now, after voting, the poll disappears very soon from the main page. I would prefer to see the current poll's results on the main ProZ page instead of, say, recent BB queries history.

Is it possible to show the current poll window on the main page all the time until the poll lasts? I believe there is enough of free space on sides to move the recent BB queries window to another place.

Using the opportunity, I would also propose to put Search window higher than Welcome New Platinum Members! window on the main screen. Right now, accessing the Search option needs scrolling the main page down.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:19
SITE FOUNDER
I think the sample is large enough - and a lot of polls are queued Aug 9, 2005

Hi Kimmy,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there are more poll suggestions coming in than we can run daily, and the 300 or so responses we tend to get per day seems to be a large enough sample that the percentages have stabilized.

I like your ideas, Kirill. We'll implement some.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spacing Proz Polls out

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »