Thread poster: Kirill Semenov

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:40
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 16, 2005

As far as I understand, right now forum topics are sorted according to the time when they were started.

I propose to show forums at the main page (and at the `Recent Forums' page available via a link under the Forums section at the main page) according to the time when the most recent postings were paid. I think it's more convenient way to track the newest forum postings at proZ.

Added: By the way, this is how the forum topics are sorted at local forums, but the main/general forum pages at proZ behave differently.

[Edited at 2005-08-16 15:58]

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:40
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good idea. Aug 16, 2005

I have thought about this myself, and think it would be a good idea to have both options (ie sorting by most recent post or by most recent topic, with the possibility to switch between the two). Sometimes you don't want to track a thread but are still interested to know where a hot discussion is taking place, and I find the "new posts since your last visit" doesn't work all that well for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorting the shown topics at forums by recent postings

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search