Change confidence defaults !
Thread poster: xxxTService
xxxTService  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
English to German
Jun 28, 2002

Please do change the default confidence (KudoZ questions) to \"I am guessing\".

It\'s far too convenient to just click the submit button after delivering a possible answer without being really confident.

I think it quite a better idea having those people change their confidence setting to a higher degree IF they\'re really confident about their suggestion.

Leaving the default setting at the present level will result in too many \"confident\" suggestions making it really hard for the asker to select the truly confident answers.

It\'s just too convenient to type and click - without changing the confidence settings to the proper degree.

Direct link

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
I totally agree Jul 9, 2002

Many a time have I lost time setting my confidence level lower to show that I wasn´t so sure of my response... Let´s just set a default confidence level at 3. What do you think?
[addsig]

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:08
SITE FOUNDER
I am going to go with no default. Jul 12, 2002

Point taken. It will have to be entered explicitly.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change confidence defaults !

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search