Thread poster: Heike Behl, Ph.D.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:19
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 19, 2005

In the Kudoz questions I answered in the past, one column heading is "term > answer given".

However, what this column actually shows is "term > answer chosen".

I'd prefer to see my answers in all cases, i.e. whether my answer was chosen or not. If possible, both, my answer *and* the chosen answer, would be great.

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:19
English to Romanian
term > answer given Sep 19, 2005

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

In the Kudoz questions I answered in the past, one column heading is "term > answer given".

However, what this column actually shows is "term > answer chosen".

You are right.
It used to show term > answer given, as far as I remember. Has it changed recently to show the term chosen, but the column heading has remained unchanged? In this case, the heading is inaccurate.
Besides, I don't see the point of showing the term chosen, since the list is intented to show "my answers" and not someone else's. I wish it would change back to the old format.

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:19
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Definitely Sep 19, 2005

The current listing of selected answers instead of the suggested answers defeats the purpose of the listing. It's misleading - my list of answers contains entries I wouldn't want to be associated with.

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:19
Italian to English
+ ...
I agree Sep 19, 2005

Not sure why it was changed...?

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:19
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree with Klaus Sep 20, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
It's misleading - my list of answers contains entries I wouldn't want to be associated with.

The same for me...in quite a few cases!

Could we have the previous display restored (Term>answer given as a heading and relevant entries in the column)?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My KudoZ: term > answer given

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search