Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:15
French to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2005

Hello,

here's a suggestion that is probably easy to implement:

The "Forum" tab in the member profile is only visible to the owner of the profile. I can see that some members would have some concern should that tab be visible to everyone.

On the other hand, some members would not object. They might feel that their postings characterize them and that anyone was free to look up just what they have written so far.

How about making it switchable fo
... See more
Hello,

here's a suggestion that is probably easy to implement:

The "Forum" tab in the member profile is only visible to the owner of the profile. I can see that some members would have some concern should that tab be visible to everyone.

On the other hand, some members would not object. They might feel that their postings characterize them and that anyone was free to look up just what they have written so far.

How about making it switchable for each member whether that tab is globally visible (the default being "no")?

P.

[Edited at 2005-12-10 17:36]
Collapse

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I can think of uses for this Dec 10, 2005

I have had times when I was looking for something I had seen in the forums, even knew who had posted it. It took time to find, though, since it had been more than a few days back. If I were, with the poster's blessings, of course, able to look at the poster's Forum tab, I could have found it much quicker.

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 07:15
English to Romanian
I would also like that Dec 10, 2005

I support this suggestion.

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
I would like that too Dec 10, 2005

Not much to add... just my pro vote.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Fine by me... Dec 11, 2005

Peter Bouillon wrote:

(the default being "no")?

if the default is 'no', why not?

Nice (remaining) weekend to all,

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 00:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
I always thought it *was* open! Dec 11, 2005

I'm in favor, too. Maybe some of us would be more careful what we write in forums if we knew the record was permanent!

Now that the topic has been brought up, I can see that some might prefer "no." But why should it be the default? A clear, clickable "hide this posting" or "hide all forum postings," similar to the "hide this answer" option in Kudos, should do the trick. Either way, anyone's welcome to read my forum pos
... See more
I'm in favor, too. Maybe some of us would be more careful what we write in forums if we knew the record was permanent!

Now that the topic has been brought up, I can see that some might prefer "no." But why should it be the default? A clear, clickable "hide this posting" or "hide all forum postings," similar to the "hide this answer" option in Kudos, should do the trick. Either way, anyone's welcome to read my forum postings, just as they are to read all my old KudoZ questions and answers.
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Why do I see only my most recent postings? Dec 11, 2005

I didn't know this feature until today, so I checked and I can see only one page.

Anyway, it would be certainly helpful to be able to look for postings from ones profile - and save us sometimes a lot of time!!!

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Nice option... Dec 11, 2005

Sounds good!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: optionally open "Forum" tab for general view

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »