Thread poster: Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto
Francesco Barbuto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:08
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 23, 2006

Hi everybody,

Why do not Proz provide professional services and support for Linguistic professionals other than Translators? I am thinking about, for instance, Web designers, programmers, writers, copywriters, ghostwriters, and so on.

I think it would be a valuable investment for Proz to host such Professionals as well and provide them the invaluable services you are providing, right now, only to translators.

Regards,

Francesco

Richard Creech
Richard Creech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:08
French to English
+ ...
I agree Jan 23, 2006

and may I add attorneys to the list? There is a big demand for attorneys with language skills for many short and long-term projects.

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 07:08
Need to keep a sharp eye on it... Jan 23, 2006

I do think it is a good idea, but there are plenty of general freelancer directories online for this kind of thing.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
I don´t think so. Jan 23, 2006

Orla Ryan wrote:

I do think it is a good idea, but there are plenty of general freelancer directories online for this kind of thing.

For the same reason, I don´t think it is convenient to add this kind of feature to Proz.com. It would change the profile of the site and our identity.
This is THE place for translators & interpreters. Keep it that way. And carry on improving the site on this direction.

Walter

[Edited at 2006-01-23 18:54]

[Edited at 2006-01-23 19:01]

Fred Neild (X)
Fred Neild (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fully agree with Walter Jan 23, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

Orla Ryan wrote:

For the same reason, I don´t think it is convenient to add this kind of feature to Proz.com. It would change the profile of the site and our identity.
This is THE place for translators & interpreters. Keep it that way. And carry on improving the site on this direction.

Walter

[Edited at 2006-01-23 18:54]

[Edited at 2006-01-23 19:01]

Fred

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 23:08
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Maybe... Jan 23, 2006

...a "sister site" could be an option here. Those who are already Proz.com members, have their accounts and profile, and offer DTP and other complementary services would have access to this other segment, which could remain separate from the language directory for translation, interpreting, and teaching jobs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why not to offer other linguistic services' support

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »