Thread poster: Mark Smith

Mark Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:33
German to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2006

Hi everyone,

I had a little suggestion for a site improvement. Often, when I get on a profile page, be it mine or someone else's, I find it a bit annoying, and a bit more labour-intensive than it need be that there are no buttons to access any other part of the site. As a bare minimum, it would be good to have a homepage button on all profile pages, though far more useful would be to include the site area links that appear at the foot of most pages. By this I mean:

Translation Workplace Home || KudoZ || Translation Jobs || Directory of Translators || Translation Articles || Translators Forums || Translator Tools || My ProZ.com || About || Support

Let me know what you think...

Cheers to all the staff for doing a sterling job.

Mark

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:33
English to German
+ ...
Related discussion Jan 28, 2006

Hi Mark,
Did you read this recent thread?

Best regards,
Ralf

Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:33
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Template options? Jan 28, 2006

Henry, would it be possible to have a few template options for profile pages?
I would like to be able to display my profile with a different colour scheme for example.
Any chance of that or am I missing something?
Thanks

Btw, I agree with Mark about the home buttons.

All the best.
Mac

justin C
United States
Local time: 22:33
English
Profile improvements are coming.. Feb 2, 2006

Hello all,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I have made note of them for the next profile release.

Best Regards,
Justin

Marina Oliveira  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:33
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A 'return' action/link when editing a glossay entry May 15, 2006

Hi all,

I have just been changing my profile to the new display and updating some of my personal glossary entries, which were still garbled from conversion to unicode. I found, then, on entering the edits, that the page does not go back to the glossary list and shows no link back either. It only offers that return option when deleting a term. I had to use the browser Go Back button several times to get there and be able to edit a new term.

Also, the option to enter new terms is not very visible. Instead of being only available in the writing icon before "Glossaries", why not make it available in the individual listings of each glossary, too?

These are my suggestions.

Thank you for your time,

Marina

Oleksandr Melnyk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:33
English to Russian
Open questions in the new profile May 26, 2006

Hi!
Couple of words about the new profile. I think it would be very nice to have open questions on the "open" and "answered" pages highlited in red (or at least their "status" field). It was so in the old profile but it's missing in the new one. Everything in black is really inconvenient.

Oleksandr

[Edited at 2006-05-26 21:22]

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 00:33
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open Q/A May 27, 2006

Oleksandr Melnyk wrote:

Hi!
Couple of words about the new profile. I think it would be very nice to have open questions on the "open" and "answered" pages highlited in red (or at least their "status" field). It was so in the old profile but it's missing in the new one. Everything in black is really inconvenient.

Oleksandr

[Edited at 2006-05-26 21:22]

I agree.
When I want to look for some open questions, I use the old profile. I tried to use the new one, but it`s more difficult. It all looks the same.
In the old profile you can easily spot the open questions, they are highlighted in red.

Good suggestion, Oleksandr.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile page improvement suggestion

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search