Thread poster: JaneTranslates

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 17:11
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 1, 2006

I don't check out the leader boards very often, and was amazed to see my name on a couple of them. I can't find any way to search the boards by name, to see if I appear on others and to check out my friends' names and the names of others whose KudoZ work I admire.

Is there a way? If not, is it feasible to create a way? I suppose a cut-off level (top 100? top 50?) would have to be set--or would it? Can I see my ranking, or someone else's, on all boards?

This might be of practical use for outsourcers searching for the right translator.

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelo González  Identity Verified
North Mariana Isl.
Local time: 07:11
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It would be useful, especially for outsources (and the curious). Mar 4, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

I can't find any way to search the boards by name, to see if I appear on others and to check out my friends' names and the names of others whose KudoZ work I admire.

I agree: it would be a useful feature if, with the person's name (or perhaps, username), you could do such a search. You might want to know if someone's on the Leader Board (perhaps because the translator said he's on it in response to a job) without having to go through multiple lists, looking for the person's name.

Is there a way? If not, is it feasible to create a way?

It would interesting to hear from others on the technical side of this question. I wish I could say, one way or another.

Good luck, Jane & regards from the Southwest!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search leader boards by member name

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search