https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/43238-search_leader_boards_by_member_name.html

Search leader boards by member name
Thread poster: JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 11:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 1, 2006

I don't check out the leader boards very often, and was amazed to see my name on a couple of them. I can't find any way to search the boards by name, to see if I appear on others and to check out my friends' names and the names of others whose KudoZ work I admire.

Is there a way? If not, is it feasible to create a way? I suppose a cut-off level (top 100? top 50?) would have to be set--or would it? Can I see my ranking, or someone else's, on all boards?

This might be of
... See more
I don't check out the leader boards very often, and was amazed to see my name on a couple of them. I can't find any way to search the boards by name, to see if I appear on others and to check out my friends' names and the names of others whose KudoZ work I admire.

Is there a way? If not, is it feasible to create a way? I suppose a cut-off level (top 100? top 50?) would have to be set--or would it? Can I see my ranking, or someone else's, on all boards?

This might be of practical use for outsourcers searching for the right translator.
Collapse

Marcelo González
Marcelo González  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:39
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It would be useful, especially for outsources (and the curious). Mar 4, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

I can't find any way to search the boards by name, to see if I appear on others and to check out my friends' names and the names of others whose KudoZ work I admire.

I agree: it would be a useful feature if, with the person's name (or perhaps, username), you could do such a search. You might want to know if someone's on the Leader Board (perhaps because the translator said he's on it in response to a job) without having to go through multiple lists, looking for the person's name.

Is there a way? If not, is it feasible to create a way?

It would interesting to hear from others on the technical side of this question. I wish I could say, one way or another.

Good luck, Jane & regards from the Southwest!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search leader boards by member name

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »