Question searches -- by Asker?
Thread poster: Tony M

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:00
French to English
+ ...
May 26, 2006

Time and time again, I curse the lack of a facility to search/filter questions by a particular asker.

There are lots of reasons why this would be useful:

tracking a string of related questions from someone working on a particualr topic

looking back at something where you know who asked it, but can't find the exact term in a straight search

generally keeping track of people's asking patterns and styles

..and no doubt many other more case-specific reasons.

Would this really be such a difficult feature to provide?

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
It exists May 26, 2006

I viewed your asking history by following this sequence: going to your profile, clicking on "Kudoz activity" and choosing the tab "Asked". Does this answer what you were looking for?

Tony M  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:00
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found! May 26, 2006

GoodWords wrote:

I viewed your asking history by following this sequence: going to your profile, clicking on "Kudoz activity" and choosing the tab "Asked". Does this answer what you were looking for?

Ah, yes, well done --- I didn't know that worked! It's a bit cumbersome (you have to visit someone's profile page first to reach it), but it's a perfect solution to the occasional need.

Thanks ever so much for pointing that out!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question searches -- by Asker?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search