https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/5284-how_should_we_eliminate_frequently_asked_questions_in_kudoz.html

How should we eliminate frequently asked questions in KudoZ?
Thread poster: jsl (X)
jsl (X)
jsl (X)
Local time: 23:18
English to Japanese
+ ...
Sep 24, 2002

Do you have any good idea to eliminate frequently asked questions in KuzoZ?

I presume that this happens in any language pairs. I\'ve been in this place for three months, and I\'ve occasionally seen the translation of the same word or phrase that is usually simple and easy. I\'m kind of fed up with seeing those frequently asked questions.

I think the important thing is that these frequently asked questions were asked by non-members. Members know ethi
... See more
Do you have any good idea to eliminate frequently asked questions in KuzoZ?

I presume that this happens in any language pairs. I\'ve been in this place for three months, and I\'ve occasionally seen the translation of the same word or phrase that is usually simple and easy. I\'m kind of fed up with seeing those frequently asked questions.

I think the important thing is that these frequently asked questions were asked by non-members. Members know ethics and how to use this system. So, we normally won\'t ask such easy questions.

Here, I would like to propose two options. One of them is that KudoZ should be limited to members only. By doing this, we will not see silly quesions any longer. I think this is a bit stricter, and I presume that there would be some objections.

The other one is that non-members can still ask quesions to KudoZ, but they are asked to look at the answers that have been already answered. The system works like this. In the first KudoZ page, non-members are asked to enter only the term. At this stage, their queries are not sent to the KudoZ system. If the entered word or phrase is an already answered one, non-members gets what they want at this point. If it is not found at all, they can now ask their questions to us.

I think this second option will be possible. What is good is that we will never encounter silly, similar, frequently asked questions, the resource will be saved, and, in KudoZ glossaries, we will not find multiple answers for the same kind of question.

Could we have what you think about this. I would like to have some opinion among participants, and I hope this is also reviewed by ProZ staff members.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How should we eliminate frequently asked questions in KudoZ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »