BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2006

Hello Henry et. al.,

I believe I reached my limit in the thread:
http://www.proz.com/topic/55502 and I did have several other suggestions. I'm posting them here, in accordance with the rules set by Henry.

It would be called "Share your knowledge" and basically we've been doing that by posting articles, discussing translation techniques, etc.; however, these postings don't address the basic concept of the translation field amongst different cultures.

1) What is your first-hand experience, academic background (if any), how did you obtain it and how do you use it in every day life?

2) What have you learned about the translation field in your (language pairs or combinations, countries) and how does it affect your relationship with clients (positive and negative feedback).

3) Have a tutoring feature for new translators. They are your potential new clients and I'm sure many of them would welcome the opportunity to have other avenues or sources of assistance.

I think that's it for now.

Regards,
Belkis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Share your knowledge

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search