Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 17, 2006

Proz.com has now been translated from English into eight languages including four big ones: Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese. In addition, thanks to our ambitious colleagues working in Romanian, Hungarian, Latvian and Albanian, we also have it in those as well; very few of us understand them but we can at least try! It's great to know they are with us and trying to spread knowledge and awareness of their lesser known, but valuable languages.

But then I ask, where is Chinese?
... See more
Proz.com has now been translated from English into eight languages including four big ones: Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese. In addition, thanks to our ambitious colleagues working in Romanian, Hungarian, Latvian and Albanian, we also have it in those as well; very few of us understand them but we can at least try! It's great to know they are with us and trying to spread knowledge and awareness of their lesser known, but valuable languages.

But then I ask, where is Chinese? Where is Hindi? French? Italian? Arabic? Japanese? Of course the list goes on and on, and the languages mentioned are among the most important ones in the world, and there are many on this site who work in them.

I say if the Romanians, Hungarians, Latvians and Albanians can do it, then what's wrong with the rest?
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:28
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Chinese currently underway Oct 17, 2006

Henry Hinds wrote:
Proz.com has now been translated from English into eight languages including four big ones: Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese.

Having been personally involved in the German localisation effort, may I add that only the most important parts of the site have been translated so far. A lot remains to be done ...

But then I ask, where is Chinese? Where is Hindi? French? Italian? Arabic? Japanese? Of course the list goes on and on, and the languages mentioned are among the most important ones in the world, and there are many on this site who work in them.

A team of Chinese members is currently working on the Chinese localisation of the site but I am not aware of a firmly set deadline/release date.

Steffen

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:28
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Major languages Oct 17, 2006

I know that from other major languages also Lithuanian is in the pipeline and should be finished soon

But if seriously, enthusiasm of those translators making up specific localization teams is the decisive factor there and ProZ helps these teams in every way possible (thanks Patric!).

Uldis

Henry Hinds wrote:
I say if the Romanians, Hungarians, Latvians and Albanians can do it, then what's wrong with the rest?

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-17 11:37]

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
Italian to English
Italian Oct 17, 2006

I gather from the Italian forum that an Italian version is in preparation.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Hindi Localization Oct 17, 2006

Hi,
We are in the process of translating it in Hindi...
Regards,
Ritu Bhanot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where are the other big languages?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »