New Proz job notifications by SMS
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:49
French to English
Nov 20, 2006

Hello

I'm a new freelance translator, and a platinum member of Proz, receiving regular job alerts by email from you & I would like to know if it would be possible to receive new job alerts by SMS as well as by email - this would be incredibly useful - however I don't know if this would be technically possible. µAlso, I live in France, although if this service was available I for one would be willing to pay a little extra for it.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nadejda Vega Cespedes  Identity Verified

Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Check with mobile operator Nov 20, 2006

Hi Jenny,

Maybe you should check with your mobile operator: some of them offer email notification by SMS. At least the one I use in Russia does, and you are right, this is convenient.

Bonne chance!

Romina Minucci
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
great idea Nov 20, 2006

to me it would be a great idea. I've sometimes thought about this possibility and I'm intrigued to know if this could be actually possible.

waiting for your answers...
cheers

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Existing technology Nov 20, 2006

As Nadejda already pointed out, this option is available with numerous ISPs. Also, many mobile phones have e-mail capability - I get all notifications from ProZ.com on my Blackberry.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
New Proz job notifications by SMS Nov 20, 2006

good point, thanks for the advice, I will check with my mobile operator but the trouble is I only want to receive alerts about Proz, not alerts every time I receive an email from anyone else!!

Nadejda Vega Cespedes  Identity Verified

Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Separate mailbox Nov 20, 2006

Jenny Duthie wrote:

good point, thanks for the advice, I will check with my mobile operator but the trouble is I only want to receive alerts about Proz, not alerts every time I receive an email from anyone else!!

You can use a separate mailbox for ProZ or, if the email service you use supports filtering and forwarding, simply forward ProZ messages from your regular mailbox to another one from where you will get notifications on your phone.

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 15:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
A very good idea Jenny Nov 20, 2006

Of course, we all are familiar with sms email notification in general. However, it will be a great pleasure if we can receive job notifications through sms. So let us hope that the site staff respond to your suggestion at this forum.

Roman Bulkiewicz  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:49
Member (2004)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
suggestion: distinct e-mail addresses Nov 20, 2006

Actually, It would be a good idea to provide the possibility of defining multiple e-mail addresses in your ProZ.com settings for different purposes, i.e., one for job notifications, one for kudoz questions, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Proz job notifications by SMS

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search