"Prozifier" a new Proz notifier ??!!!
Thread poster: Ehab Tantawy

Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:09
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 20, 2006

Why there is not a small program as Notifier and Messenger for Prozans, i.e, to be limited for Proz.com users only, notifying them for new posts, either questions, answers, forum posts, etc., and also as instant messenger for communication between members.
OR something like that.

"Prozifier" as a name for this Program is just a suggestion.

Is it a good idea?

Good Luck.
Regards,
Ehab

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:09
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Jabber Nov 20, 2006

There is a protocol for Internet communication, Jabber, which would be perfect for that purpose. All that is needed is a running server at ProZ and a client (there are lots of them, most freeware) on the translator's computer. You could have rooms for different languages, subjects, etc. I do not know how much burden it would put on the servers, though, but I suspect it might be considerable if all active Prozians participate.

More information:
http://www.jabber.org/about/overview.shtml

P.S. I think that the increased server load might be easily offset by reduction of ProZ notification mails...

[Edited at 2006-11-20 14:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Prozifier" a new Proz notifier ??!!!

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search