https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/62048-kudoz%3A_asker_should_identify_target_audience_or_regional_language_variant.html

Kudoz: asker should identify target audience or regional language variant
Thread poster: BelkisDV
BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2006

Askers identifying their target market and/or whether it is a neutral term in X language instead of a regional one?

Rgds,
Belkis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-23 15:31]

sarahjeanne (X)
sarahjeanne (X)
Brazil
Local time: 12:37
Portuguese to English
+ ...
a good idea Dec 20, 2006

i think that's an excellent idea. also, i don't know about the other languages, but when you answer in english you need to specify between US or UK and in portuguese, between PT and BR when you answer, yet this information doesn't show up in the answer. why have a field to specify when it's not even included in the final answer? it seems kind of stupid.

BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sara Dec 20, 2006

I agree with you, we have to identify the target language, so the Asker should also identify the source/target in order to get proper answers.

Cheers!
Belkis

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:37
Spanish
+ ...
I second the idea Dec 20, 2006

I think a target country/region field should be compulsory at least for certain languages. It would be extremely useful for the asker, the answerers and for all KudoZ users in general.

Tim Drayton
Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 18:37
Turkish to English
+ ...
Not so sure Dec 21, 2006

I think most of the innovations that are introduced just make it less user firendly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz: asker should identify target audience or regional language variant

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »