Single Project Connect/Corporate membership?
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:24
French to English
Feb 23, 2007

I see that the current lowest pricing option (correct me if I'm wrong) is 465 EUR for 10 projects within a year.

Clearly suitable for those with an agency business already up and running - all well and good.

I wondered whether you had considered some kind of single-project pricing option? I appreciate that Connect/Corporate membership may not be something that is easy to turn on and off. And I believe there is more to Connect than just finding people for projects. But I thought it could appeal to:

a) those who are unsure about whether they want to use it, where the appeal of a single "test project" might clinch it

b) those who only have rare opportunities to outsource, or who are dipping their toes in the water as regards playing the agency role, and for whom 465 EUR is therefore quite a substantial sum on the off-chance they might get 10 projects to outsource over a year, but who might want more than the standard job-posting system curretly offers.

You could price it at, say, 60-70 EUR, and allowed people to do use this option, say, 4 times in 12 months before they had to upgrade to full Connect membership if they wanted to use it again.

Just an idea...

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:24
English to German
+ ...
Asked Mike to comment Feb 23, 2007

Good morning, Charlie,
I'm not sure if Mike Kidd is actively following this forum; I asked him to comment.

Best regards, Ralf

Mike Kidd
United States
CONNECT! Starter Option Feb 25, 2007

Hi Charlie,

Great feedback. Thank you. Last month, we did experiment with a 3 project pricing option at 155 EUR. We noticed that there was more interest for the higher volume options, since the investment per project decreases as usage increases.

That stated, if this "Starter" Account is interesting to you, I would be happy to re-activate this option for you. Please let me know at mike@proz.com and I will send you an ordering link.

Thank you for your interest. Keep the feedback coming.

Best,

Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Single Project Connect/Corporate membership?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search