Single Project Connect/Corporate membership?
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:18
French to English
Feb 23, 2007

I see that the current lowest pricing option (correct me if I'm wrong) is 465 EUR for 10 projects within a year.

Clearly suitable for those with an agency business already up and running - all well and good.

I wondered whether you had considered some kind of single-project pricing option? I appreciate that Connect/Corporate membership may not be something that is easy to turn on and off. And I believe there is more to Connect than just finding people for projects. But I
... See more
I see that the current lowest pricing option (correct me if I'm wrong) is 465 EUR for 10 projects within a year.

Clearly suitable for those with an agency business already up and running - all well and good.

I wondered whether you had considered some kind of single-project pricing option? I appreciate that Connect/Corporate membership may not be something that is easy to turn on and off. And I believe there is more to Connect than just finding people for projects. But I thought it could appeal to:

a) those who are unsure about whether they want to use it, where the appeal of a single "test project" might clinch it

b) those who only have rare opportunities to outsource, or who are dipping their toes in the water as regards playing the agency role, and for whom 465 EUR is therefore quite a substantial sum on the off-chance they might get 10 projects to outsource over a year, but who might want more than the standard job-posting system curretly offers.

You could price it at, say, 60-70 EUR, and allowed people to do use this option, say, 4 times in 12 months before they had to upgrade to full Connect membership if they wanted to use it again.

Just an idea...
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:18
English to German
+ ...
Asked Mike to comment Feb 23, 2007

Good morning, Charlie,
I'm not sure if Mike Kidd is actively following this forum; I asked him to comment.

Best regards, Ralf

Mike Kidd (X)
Mike Kidd (X)
United States
CONNECT! Starter Option Feb 25, 2007

Hi Charlie,

Great feedback. Thank you. Last month, we did experiment with a 3 project pricing option at 155 EUR. We noticed that there was more interest for the higher volume options, since the investment per project decreases as usage increases.

That stated, if this "Starter" Account is interesting to you, I would be happy to re-activate this option for you. Please let me know at [email protected] and I will send you an
... See more
Hi Charlie,

Great feedback. Thank you. Last month, we did experiment with a 3 project pricing option at 155 EUR. We noticed that there was more interest for the higher volume options, since the investment per project decreases as usage increases.

That stated, if this "Starter" Account is interesting to you, I would be happy to re-activate this option for you. Please let me know at [email protected] and I will send you an ordering link.

Thank you for your interest. Keep the feedback coming.

Best,

Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Single Project Connect/Corporate membership?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »