https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/68858-notification_of_acceptance_of_poll_suggestions.html

Notification of acceptance of poll suggestions
Thread poster: Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:29
French to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2007

Hello,

I wondered if it might be possible to provide some means of notifying ProZ members whether their suggested polls have been accepted or not? I made a light-hearted suggestion ages ago and have heard nothing since then. I think it just said it would be added to the list if accepted. I've no idea how long the backlog of suggestions is (maybe it could tell you that as well, as in answer phone messages - you are 15th in the queue or whatever!) It would be anoying to miss a poll th
... See more
Hello,

I wondered if it might be possible to provide some means of notifying ProZ members whether their suggested polls have been accepted or not? I made a light-hearted suggestion ages ago and have heard nothing since then. I think it just said it would be added to the list if accepted. I've no idea how long the backlog of suggestions is (maybe it could tell you that as well, as in answer phone messages - you are 15th in the queue or whatever!) It would be anoying to miss a poll that you'd suggested because you were on holiday and didn't realise it had reached the top of the list at last! That's assuming it was accepted in the first place, of course...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have found some of the recent polls very "dry" to say the least, so a little more variety would be good too. I know someone raised a poll a few weeks ago about having more "fun" questions and I think the majority vote was for "Yes, let's do it" - so can we?!! Please??!!
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Notification when poll is being run Mar 21, 2007

Hi Claire,

From what I can remember of polls I have suggested myself, you are not informed if a poll is approved but you are sent an email when a poll you have suggested is being run on the site. That way you won't miss it!

Cheers,

Becky.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Me too Mar 21, 2007

Rebecca Hendry wrote:

Hi Claire,

From what I can remember of polls I have suggested myself, you are not informed if a poll is approved but you are sent an email when a poll you have suggested is being run on the site. That way you won't miss it!

Cheers,

Becky.

Hullo Claire and Becky,
I also suggested a poll some months ago, but it hasn't appeared yet - unless I missed it when I was away on holiday - and it was about holidays!
All the best,
Jenny.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:29
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Email notification is sent Mar 21, 2007

Rebecca is right, when a poll you suggested is published, you receive an automatic email notification.

Polls are made active for about a day, and a bit longer on weekends, so about 6 polls are published per week. Since more than 6 suggestions are received per week, it is unfortunalely not possible to publish all the received suggestions.

Kind regards,
Enrique

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmmm Mar 21, 2007

Hi Enrique,

So an e-mail notification is sent out at the same time as the poll? Presumably that works like the "You are featured" slot, on which I have never yet managed to see myself - they always seem to go out in the middle of the night or when I'm out! Not that that matters particularly, but it would be nice to know if your poll had been accepted or not and then to actually see people's answers - which you wouldn't if you were away on holiday when it came out. At least if you kn
... See more
Hi Enrique,

So an e-mail notification is sent out at the same time as the poll? Presumably that works like the "You are featured" slot, on which I have never yet managed to see myself - they always seem to go out in the middle of the night or when I'm out! Not that that matters particularly, but it would be nice to know if your poll had been accepted or not and then to actually see people's answers - which you wouldn't if you were away on holiday when it came out. At least if you knew it had been accepted, you could look out for it.

Claire
Collapse

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:29
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

Past feature polls Mar 21, 2007

Hello,

If it happens you're out or just can't see the poll when it's running, you can always consult the past feature polls by clicking on Community>Quick poll (http://www.proz.com/polls)

Regards,
Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notification of acceptance of poll suggestions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »