Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)
Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 07:02
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2002

I\'m happy to provide help wherever I can, however my inbox seems to be filling up with requests for information on agencies in Israel, the US and all sorts of other countries that I have absolutely no professional dealings with.

Would it be possible to incorporate a feature into the blue board agency information requests such that the recipient of the information request can specify that they only want to receive requests for agencies in a specific/a few specific countries?

Just a suggestion....

Alison

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 20:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not much point to be country-specific as you never know where your next job might be coming from. Dec 13, 2002

I really like the Blue Board section as it weeds out any \'baddies\'. It has been my experience that once you are done with responding to E-mails about the Blue Board, that\'s the end of it. In the meantime, just delete them if you don\'t have any news. Actually, I have turned off the automatic E-mails from Proz because of lack of time. But again, I really think we have a collective duty to keep the Blue Board up to date.

Marijke

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Good idea Dec 13, 2002

I would be happier only to receive such requests for agencies in the UK. I immediately delete those from anywhere else.

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Danish
+ ...
good idea, Alison Dec 14, 2002

- I turned off the blue board notifications a long time ago, because I received a lot of e-mails regarding agencies in countries I would hardly ever get job from (simply because of my language combination).

have a nice day everyone

lise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Emails from blue board agencies be country specific (D)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search