https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/8287-agency_blueboard_feature_for_resending_a_call_for_an_agency_staffdone.html

Agency BlueBoard: feature for resending a call for an agency (Staff:'done')
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:47
German to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 5, 2003

I have already mentioned some things about the BlueBoard in a forum, but it was a general forum, this is why I am now writing in the Suggestion forum.

I have already said that there are double entries in the BlueBoard (although it seems to me that someone is working on this now).

I assume that these double entries are created because if there is an agency with no ratings, a second translator will probably create a new entry for the same company, to resend the inquiry.
<
... See more
I have already mentioned some things about the BlueBoard in a forum, but it was a general forum, this is why I am now writing in the Suggestion forum.

I have already said that there are double entries in the BlueBoard (although it seems to me that someone is working on this now).

I assume that these double entries are created because if there is an agency with no ratings, a second translator will probably create a new entry for the same company, to resend the inquiry.

The way things are now, it is not possible to do this any other way.

I think there should be a method to resend an inquiry about an agency that has no ratings.

As an example, I have created an entry a few months ago, but still haven\'t received any feedback for that company. I am still waiting for the payment myself, so I can\'t make a rating before my deadline comes. If a second translator now sees that there are no rates, s/he will probably create a new entry.

I am not very good at explaining things and I am also stressed because I am working on a project, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:14]
Collapse

Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Correct Feb 5, 2003

I understand what you mean and agree with you completely. Also, would it be possible to inform when a rating is actually entered? For example, if I post a bad rating for an Agency with bad payment practices, is there a feature to warn Proz members?

Thanks.

Domenica

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
good point Feb 5, 2003

Since I send inquiries to several lists, I sometimes forget to check the BlueBoard. I usually keep the email with my own inquiry, and this reminds me to check the BlueBoard from time to time.

Vladimir Shapovalov
Vladimir Shapovalov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:47
Member (2003)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Blue Board entries Feb 5, 2003

Dear Elvira,

Indeed, there are double (and even triple entries) for some companies in the Blue Board. If you know any cases like this I would recommend to contact any moderator and provide specific details regarding the double entry and he/she will communicate this directly to the site management. You are most welcome to send such details to me too.

There is an entry about one company (btw... they are your client too) which received two responses, but i
... See more
Dear Elvira,

Indeed, there are double (and even triple entries) for some companies in the Blue Board. If you know any cases like this I would recommend to contact any moderator and provide specific details regarding the double entry and he/she will communicate this directly to the site management. You are most welcome to send such details to me too.

There is an entry about one company (btw... they are your client too) which received two responses, but in spite of that someone posted two other inquiries about the same agency (one of those was sent two days ago). I wonder why people don\'t bother to check whether a company is listed in the BB before making a new inquiry? It is even more irritating than posting KudoZ questions which already have tens of answers in the KudoZ glossary (like \"I love you\"-s). Anyway, the double entries were deleted in this case with the kind assitance from the site management.

Your question about the possibility to implement a tool which would resend inquiries to the members of the site (about companies with no feedback) is interesting. I think it would be nice to have such system (although I always post my feedback to the BB without being prompted to do it by someone else).

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-05 12:18]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency BlueBoard: feature for resending a call for an agency (Staff:'done')

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »