Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:40
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Thanks, Vito ! Sep 13, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

What to do to keep it uncontrolled but within limits? This is close to "let the boys have fun as long as furniture does not get trashed..." - which is sometimes just wishful thinking.

We would need the rantiquette - like

1. All entries are to end with a "End of rant" statement (like "that's it for now")
2. Do not allow new entries for next a) 10 min b) 12 hours c) never
3. have a list of top ranters / ravers with DuhDoZ points (I know, its stupid, but then again, how to do feedback)

Same of course about ravers - they can be a real drag too.

You just made my day (or night??)
I have tears in my eyes from laughing

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Misery loves company... Sep 13, 2007

Actually it would be a good thing, perhaps not to rant and rave myself, but to see that I'm not alone in my frustration with a client who wants the translation delivered yesterday and paid in 60 days, the doctor who thinks his scratches are Times New Roman and with the PM who, just when I'm about to go out on vacations after a hellish week, and who PROMISED me that would leave me alone for at least one weekend to recover control of my trembling fingers, calls me and asks: "Edwal, my dear and bel... See more
Actually it would be a good thing, perhaps not to rant and rave myself, but to see that I'm not alone in my frustration with a client who wants the translation delivered yesterday and paid in 60 days, the doctor who thinks his scratches are Times New Roman and with the PM who, just when I'm about to go out on vacations after a hellish week, and who PROMISED me that would leave me alone for at least one weekend to recover control of my trembling fingers, calls me and asks: "Edwal, my dear and beloved friend and soulmate, just before you leave, would you do this teeny-weeny translation of 60 pages of highly technical stuff to be delivered 2 days from now, please, please, pretty please?"

[Editado a las 2007-09-13 02:00]
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
German to English
Yes, but it should be called something else Sep 13, 2007

Hi Samuel,

I think the idea is good, but "rant and rave" is a very "English" expression, if you know what I mean. Considering that ProZ.com is an international site, I feel there is not enough participation from many parts of the world and everyone should be encouraged to participate, so that we all get a broader perspective on things.

If this suggestion is implemented, then I feel this type of forum should not be called "rant and rave." Unfortunately, I can't think of
... See more
Hi Samuel,

I think the idea is good, but "rant and rave" is a very "English" expression, if you know what I mean. Considering that ProZ.com is an international site, I feel there is not enough participation from many parts of the world and everyone should be encouraged to participate, so that we all get a broader perspective on things.

If this suggestion is implemented, then I feel this type of forum should not be called "rant and rave." Unfortunately, I can't think of a better name. Any ideas, anyone?

Regards,
Niraja
Collapse

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Perhaps... Sep 13, 2007

Niraja Nanjundan wrote:

If this suggestion is implemented, then I feel this type of forum should not be called "rant and rave." Unfortunately, I can't think of a better name. Any ideas, anyone?

Regards,
Niraja

In the novel "Noble House", Ian Dunross says that everybody should have a "shouting tree" or something like that, to keep our sanity.

[Editado a las 2007-09-13 04:53]

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
rant and rave Sep 13, 2007

Is a very English expresssion that sums it up perfectly, in my opinion.
(Wish we had an expression like that in Norwegian - "syte & klage" is just nowhere near...)

And Vito's rantiquette suggestions were priceless.
So I vote for rant and rave. (at least until someone suggests something better)

Or maybe I just have a weird sense of humour?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proposal for new forum: Rant and rave

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »