Have a customized list of forums to see (K)
Thread poster: Matthew Coulson

Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2003

I would like to have the option to have a personalized list of forums. I find that at times I would like to be involved in a few forums however many times I would not like to be involved in the forums. The only way that I currently see this possibility is to subscribe to some forums and many times just delete the emails (which I would prefer to never receive) and when I want to be involved choose not to delete those emails. Or my current method, go select all of the forums including the ones I am not interested in and scroll through the list since the ones that I am interested in are not all on the same screen and then click on the title, enter the forum and then read the topics. I think a better option would be to have a list of personal forums so that you have a list on a single page of the forums that interest you and beyond that have the option (for reading purposes only) to merge all of the topics from your interested forums together.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 19:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:44
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Platinum feature Feb 12, 2003

Hi Matthew,

One of the Platinum features (I believe) is that you can track new posts on selected forums and track topics which are interesting to you. If you choose track option you receive an e-mail notification whenever new post appears on the forum or topic you\'ve chosen.

Perhaps this answers your querry.

Magda

Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Would rather not use Tracking. Feb 12, 2003

I would say that over all only about 30% of the time do I have interest in participating in forums due to how busy I am with other things so if I were to be using tracking I would end up having to delete all of those emails that I would get from it 70% of the time. I would much prefer to not have to deal with deleting that much email since it would seem almost like SPAM that I had actually requested. The much preferred solution for me would be to have a customized list of forums so that I can see on a single page the forums that I am interested in and then participate when I have interest/time rather than have to deal with a mess of email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have a customized list of forums to see (K)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search