Regional polls
Thread poster: Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 27, 2007

I'd like to suggest a Regional (or country-specific) Poll section, whose purpose is I believe self-explanatory. There are a number of poll questions (gross annual income, average rates, etc.) whose results would be extremely interesting if broken down by country but essentially useless if asked of the Proz community in its entirety.

OK, so call me nosy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to have an idea of how my income compares against that of my immediate colleagues!... See more
I'd like to suggest a Regional (or country-specific) Poll section, whose purpose is I believe self-explanatory. There are a number of poll questions (gross annual income, average rates, etc.) whose results would be extremely interesting if broken down by country but essentially useless if asked of the Proz community in its entirety.

OK, so call me nosy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to have an idea of how my income compares against that of my immediate colleagues!
And more seriously, given that a large part of the discussions on the site are to do with ever-decreasing rates, it would be interesting to see whether this is really borne out on a regional basis.
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good suggestion! Nov 27, 2007

Dear Marie-Hélène Hayles,

Your suggestion is indeed a good one. We'll be considering it for future implementation.

Thanks,

Romina

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 27, 2007

I'm sure other people will also be able to think of some useful regional polls.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:24
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree Nov 27, 2007

and I support Marie's idea.

[Modificato alle 2007-11-28 05:33]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:24
Spanish
+ ...
Good idea Nov 27, 2007

I also think it's a good idea. For instance, we could have 'Regional Poll' days and have several active polls only in those days that we could chose to activate, like My Poll/All Polls. It could be interesting.

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hear hear! Nov 27, 2007

Marie-Hélène, if you are nosy, so am I.
I think it's a very good idea.

Best,
Margreet

Aline Canino
Aline Canino  Identity Verified
France
Chinese to French
+ ...
same here Nov 27, 2007

I agree with Marie-Hélène. I think it may be very interesting and useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regional polls

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »