Timothy Takemoto
Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 20:11
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New Banners Jan 4, 2002

Yes, I do like the new banners.

It is nice that the \"gunsight\" is integrated graphically into the banner. I get used to it.

The colour scheme is better. Personally I would go with white and dark green on the whole site.

It is good that the banner promotes Proz as well as the platinum membership - a good compromise, I think.

Once you have a trade mark, and people get used to it, then obviously that trade ma
... See more
Yes, I do like the new banners.

It is nice that the \"gunsight\" is integrated graphically into the banner. I get used to it.

The colour scheme is better. Personally I would go with white and dark green on the whole site.

It is good that the banner promotes Proz as well as the platinum membership - a good compromise, I think.

Once you have a trade mark, and people get used to it, then obviously that trade mark gains value, whatever its intrinsic merits.

After looking at my own attempts, I decide that the Pr02 was better than I thought.

I look forward to the revamped site.

The issue of Non-English sites could go on another topic.

I am glad you did not take offence at my analysis of your photo pose. Psychological analysis of photo-poses is/was my metier.

BTW

translatorz.com

is still available.

Tim

Collapse

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:11
English to Spanish
Bearded men :) Jan 5, 2002

Hey, no grudge whatsoever to old men with beards, but about the fact they are associated in that page with both experience and knowledge. Age does not imply translating experience (he might just have taken up translation last month), and sex has nothing to do with his intellectual prowess.

Since the sexless baby seems out of place (the bearded woman would fit nicely in a circus , why don\'t we just simply switch the images?...
... See more
Hey, no grudge whatsoever to old men with beards, but about the fact they are associated in that page with both experience and knowledge. Age does not imply translating experience (he might just have taken up translation last month), and sex has nothing to do with his intellectual prowess.

Since the sexless baby seems out of place (the bearded woman would fit nicely in a circus , why don\'t we just simply switch the images?... Nah, someone ought to complain about that too

As it was stated before, the whole page seems unnecessary, and I agree with Mr. Takemoto that the feel and look of the site is of outmost importance, even the photographs, because convey a message to the community and potential clients.

Anyway, they are just suggestions aimed to improve the site!
Collapse

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Which is more important? Jan 9, 2002

I agree that the ProZ site is not as \"pretty\" as Aquarius, but would you all not agree that they are not in the same league as to functionality and content, not to mention entertainment value! To what would a translator give priority in their lonely world? First things first I say! I am sure this will be addressed in due course.

What use is a sleek motor without a good engine??

Dave Greatrix.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The LOOK of ProZ.com: needs to be improved

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »