Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 27, 2008

I have noticed that if someone makes available information about his/her rates such information is displayed in directory next to the name of such person. However in my opinion this information is meaningless as there is no information about the currency set in user's profile. In fact the only information provided this way is that a user makes his rates available in his/her profile and someone looking for a translator has to enter such profile - consequently as well the information in the direct... See more
I have noticed that if someone makes available information about his/her rates such information is displayed in directory next to the name of such person. However in my opinion this information is meaningless as there is no information about the currency set in user's profile. In fact the only information provided this way is that a user makes his rates available in his/her profile and someone looking for a translator has to enter such profile - consequently as well the information in the directory could be plain Yes and No.

Two potential solutions are:

1) The easier one: display currency in the directory,
2) More productive and more difficult to implement as well: take into consideration exchange rates and display unified rates in currency chosen by person looking for a freelancer.

What do you think?

Stanislaw
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:15
SITE STAFF
Nice idea Feb 27, 2008

Hello Stanislaw,

Sounds interesting. Let's start with the currency chosen by the profile owner. I will ask a developer to implement this.

Best regards,

Jared

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Feb 27, 2008

It would be very helpful for outsourcers, btw. thanks for such a prompt response

Best
Stanislaw

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate displayed in directory

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »