Marian Vieyra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:55
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
May 23, 2008

Hello all,

There used to be a button to click to upload a photo, but I can't find it. I also want to add a little strapline under the photo. Can anyone help? Also, do people pay to become "Translator of the day/hour/minute"?

Thanks,
Marian

Alireza Amini
Alireza Amini
Türkiye
Local time: 14:55
Member (2022)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Hi, find my proz May 23, 2008

click myproz then my profile, on profile page you can
see the expression ( edit your photo) click it then you can
brows your pic and submit it

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:55
French to English
+ ...
Add a photo to your profile by clicking "Add/edit photo" on your profile page May 23, 2008

Hi Marian,

As Alireza has already said, you can add a photo to your profile by clicking "Add/edit photo" on your profile page:

http://www.proz.com/profile/

Also, do people pay to become "Translator of the day/hour/minute"?

The featured translator on the home page is chosen at random every 15 minutes. Only ProZ.com members are featured. When you are featured, you should get an email letting you know.

Best,
Colin

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
To add to Alireza May 23, 2008

no, you don't pay for your "15 minutes of fame" (Featured translator), it is chosen by the system on random bases. It indeed is very random- you may be featured 3 times a month and then nothing for a year
The feature is reserved for paying members only.

Uldis

[Rediģēts plkst. 2008-05-23 19:03]

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Uploading a picture to a forum, or a link to one to KudoZ May 23, 2008

I think the other posts have already told you what you want to know, but if you want to upload one into a forum post you are making, this can be done using html coding for any image you have on the Web. As an example, here is the coding if you have a ProZ website and have uploaded the image to it (but the same principle applies for images you have uploaded anywhere else on the Web. e.g. to Picasa)

Include the quotation marks as shown.

And the part between the quotation marks can be used as a link in a question or answer in KudoZ.

[Edited at 2008-05-23 19:23]

Marian Vieyra
Marian Vieyra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Uploading photo May 23, 2008

Thanks everyone for the information. I hope to have a photo up by the week-end.

Thanks, again.

Marian

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
There also is a size limit May 23, 2008

I don't know exactly, but from my experience I think it's about 300 Kb. As most digital cameras nowadays produce pictures of some 2Mb or more, you may want to reduce the photo size before uploading. Here's a shareware, demo version of which you may use for reducing your photo size in bites without any noticeable loss of quality:

http://www.webopt.com/download/index.html

... See more
I don't know exactly, but from my experience I think it's about 300 Kb. As most digital cameras nowadays produce pictures of some 2Mb or more, you may want to reduce the photo size before uploading. Here's a shareware, demo version of which you may use for reducing your photo size in bites without any noticeable loss of quality:

http://www.webopt.com/download/index.html

Also, in my experience, it takes at least 5 minutes before your uploaded picture is distributed between ProZ servers and start to show, so don't get nervous if right after upload nothing happens.

Uldis

Marian Vieyra wrote:

Thanks everyone for the information. I hope to have a photo up by the week-end.

Thanks, again.

Marian
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I upload a photograph onto Proz?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »