Profile suddenly changed
Thread poster: Buck

Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 23:00
Dutch to English
Sep 30, 2008

Hi. When I logged on this morning, I suddenly no longer see only my language pair, but all others as well. I can't seem to be able to correct this. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Bellido Lois  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
The same problem Sep 30, 2008

Hello,
I have the same problem. I don´t know what to do.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Sep 30, 2008

Hi all,
Whenever you have a technical problem with the site, the best thing is to submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff, as explained in the FAQ.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2008-09-30 09:23]

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:00
Italian to English
Your prefs Sep 30, 2008

It happens to me too and is very annoying.
However, clicking on the "Your prefs" tab, next to the "All pairs" tab works for me.

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:00
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
My data also changed Sep 30, 2008

Yesterday I also noticed that my data on organization memberships had changed, although I had done nothing with my profile in ages except add a few links on the "How To" tab. The problem was easily corrected. I assume this may somehow be connected with recent additions to the site involving company profiles, with data for freelance profile entries somehow getting messed up. Only a minor annoyance, really - and a reminder that we ought to look at our own marketing material once in a while even if we don't have the time or intention to update it.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:00
SITE STAFF
Profile or your homepage preferences? Sep 30, 2008

Hello all,

I believe most of you are referring to a discordance between your homepage preferences and what you are actually seeing on the homepage, am I correct? This is being fixed. Kevin, and anyone else who may be experiencing difficulty with their profile itself, if you can submit a support request with the specific changes you noticed, I can look into this further. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 01:00
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
In my case ... Sep 30, 2008

When I enter the homepage, I see job prefs properly, however, kudoz prefs reflect almost all pairs.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:00
SITE STAFF
Should be working properly now Sep 30, 2008

You should be seeing your preferences in the KudoZ area of the homepage now, can you check and let me know if you notice any problems? Thanks.

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile suddenly changed

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search