Thread poster: Elías Sauza

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 16, 2008

I received the following through my proz.com email account. It seems to be a scam since I don't have now or never have had such an account. It is obvious that by entering the link provided they will ask for sensitive information.

Google AdWords News BulletinDear advertiser!We are once again monitoring quarterly account activation and deleting the accounts of users who have been inactive for more than four months and have no funds in their accounts.This measure is due to the fact that there have recently been more frequent cases of Google AdWords accounts being hacked and funds added from stolen credit cards.We hereby notify you that your account has been inactive for more than four months and is liable to be deleted according to our activation programme. In order to activate your account, you just have to log in using your registration data. Please click on the link below: [link removed]. By clicking on the link you will proceed directly to the registration data entry page. If the link does not work, copy the whole URL into the address box of your browser and then press "Enter".If you do not activate your account by 1 December 2008, it will be blocked, after which it will be deleted in six months. However, you will be able to unblock your account during this period by simply logging in, but it will only be possible to add funds after contacting Google AdWords support service. Thank you,Google AdWords Programme Team

Regards,

Elías

[Edited at 2008-10-16 17:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:08
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Elias Oct 16, 2008

May I ask you to:

1) Remove the link from your posting (just to prevent people from clicking it);

2) Forward the message to me

Thank you,
Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search