Oh, Dear Me! ProZ.com doesn't work at all - in Kiev!
Thread poster: Ol_Besh
Ol_Besh
Ol_Besh  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 7, 2009

Dear colleagues!

Last week it was a real catastrophy - ProZ.com was regularly hanging while opening.
But now it is no more catastrophical. IT DOESN'T OPEN AT ALL, or it needs a quarter till half an hour to open the home page.

Is it also The Crisis? Or something else?
Is there a remedy against it?

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:20
French to English
Ditto London Feb 7, 2009

Extraordinarily slow in London too (Firefox user).

Other internet access fine.

Yes, yes, I'll submit a support ticket but that is not a public forum where other members can ascertain whether any problem they may have is individual and exclusive to them, or more widespread (i.e. a problem with the site/server, etc.).

EDIT - No need for support ticket. If you go to the support page, they appear to be aware of it.

NOTE for staff - it might be a go
... See more
Extraordinarily slow in London too (Firefox user).

Other internet access fine.

Yes, yes, I'll submit a support ticket but that is not a public forum where other members can ascertain whether any problem they may have is individual and exclusive to them, or more widespread (i.e. a problem with the site/server, etc.).

EDIT - No need for support ticket. If you go to the support page, they appear to be aware of it.

NOTE for staff - it might be a good idea to put that notice on the home page. I realise it may detract from the hyper-professional image the site likes to project, but on the other hand, it would save members from fannying about rebooting their machines and wasting time wondering... wondering.... wondering..... will the page ever load.... have I got time to pop to the supermarket before my kudoz search returns any results......:-)

[Edited at 2009-02-07 13:00 GMT]
Collapse

Rod Brookes
Rod Brookes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:20
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Ditto Granada Feb 7, 2009

Taking about a minute to load a page. They must be aware of it and working on it.

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Seems to be fixed now Feb 7, 2009

It was the same here in Brussels, but it seems to be working normally now.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:20
SITE STAFF
Should be working okay now Feb 7, 2009

Hello all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. As writeaway reports, this should be working normally now.

Best regards,

Jared

Annett Hieber
Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:20
English to German
+ ...
I had similar problems Feb 7, 2009

Hi!

I must say that I had similar problems last week several times and again today. I had to try to open ProZ.com several times!

Other internet functions and web pages work regularly.

What's te problem?

Annett

[Edited at 2009-02-07 14:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oh, Dear Me! ProZ.com doesn't work at all - in Kiev!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »