Michael Rothwell
Michael Rothwell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:34
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
May 5, 2009

I want to delete my existing Proz CV & replace it with a new one, but the 'delete' button does not seem to work, and there is no browse button to add a new one.

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
uploading a new CV May 5, 2009

Hi

Not sure why the Delete link is not working for you. When I click it, the section is extended and the following text displayed below "CV in more than one language?":

Are you sure you want to delete selected CV?
If so, please click on the "Confirm" button below.

Please note that, once deleted from our database, information indexed by search engines may take some time to be removed from search engine caches.

... See more
Hi

Not sure why the Delete link is not working for you. When I click it, the section is extended and the following text displayed below "CV in more than one language?":

Are you sure you want to delete selected CV?
If so, please click on the "Confirm" button below.

Please note that, once deleted from our database, information indexed by search engines may take some time to be removed from search engine caches.

Cancel Confirm

To upload a CV, select the language for your primary CV from the CV in more than one language? drop-down.
A Select your CV text box and Browse button are displayed. Now, upload it from the directory on your hard drive.
Then repeat for CVs in further languages.

There's some additional info about formats, a drop-down list where you can select who can download your CV etc.

HTH

P. S. Oops, just noticed you're a new member and might need more details. On your profile page, on the Profile tab, you find an entry called CV/Resume and next to it is an icon with a pencil and paper. Hover the mouse over it and it's meaning is displayed: Edit CV/Resume. Click the icon to open the Freelancer Profile of the Profile Updater. The CV section is the last section on this page and contains all the details I mentioned above.

[Edited at 2009-05-05 15:19 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Rothwell
Michael Rothwell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
error on page: profile update to add/delete CV May 6, 2009

Hi Rebekka,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Unfortunately this seems to be a systems problem with my computer: when I select 'delete' the section is not extended; similarly, when I select language to upload a CV, the 'Select your CV' text box does not appear.

At the bottom of my screen there is a message' error on page' - BUT everything else on profile update page does work.
Many thanks for confirming what the corect procedure is - so now I know definitely
... See more
Hi Rebekka,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Unfortunately this seems to be a systems problem with my computer: when I select 'delete' the section is not extended; similarly, when I select language to upload a CV, the 'Select your CV' text box does not appear.

At the bottom of my screen there is a message' error on page' - BUT everything else on profile update page does work.
Many thanks for confirming what the corect procedure is - so now I know definitely this is a systems problem, not just 'operator error!
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request Jun 2, 2009

Hello Michael,

I deeply apologize for the delay in my reply. If you are still having problems with replacing your CV, could you please submit a Support request and attach a copy of your CV so that I can look into this further?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating Profile: replacing C.V./ resumee

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »