A serious thing-- spam sent through profile (Staff: please report spam via the support system)
Thread poster: Yaotl Altan

Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 12, 2009

I want to know if Proz is under attack by spamers like these:

-----------You have been sent a message via ProZ.com.Author: Tina Mendy [NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]Author's IP address: 41.208.152.137----------- Hello,Compliment of the day to you and how is life generally, I'm Tina Mendy 24 years old girl.knowing fully well that race, religion and nationality cangive no hindrance to friendship as it one of the best waysto exchange ideas with people in different countries. I decided to have you as my pal and would like it to beextended up to a deep and lasting relationship, I am asingle girl,I really consider friendship or courtship as aserious thing, open in everything, be honest, and above allfaithfulness to each other.I will tell you more about my self when you reply to thisEmail.tinamendytinmendy@yahoo.comI wait upon your respond.Thanks Tina Mendy -----------

What I loved the most is that "I really consider friendship or courtship as aserious thing". She broke my heart

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-12 14:46 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-12 15:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:38
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes May 12, 2009

Received a similar one via ProZ.com messages.

Needless to say, I deleted it.

Kathryn Sanderson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:38
French to English
I got something like that May 12, 2009

I got a similar message through my profile. I reported it. Hope you get over your broken heart soon!

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:38
Polish to English
+ ...
It's the price we pay for having a public profile May 12, 2009

Unfortunately, they come via my profile with monotonous regularity. But then, that's the downside of having a public profile...

They also don't seem to be too fussy. I've lost count of how many females have written and told me they can see from my photo that I'm the man they are looking for...

I block the sender and submit a support ticket, including all the headers; the site then takes the appropriate action

Tatiana Lammers  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
submit a support ticket May 12, 2009

with the complete body of the e-mail including the headings to one of the moderators of ProZ

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
How to report ProZ.com mail abuse May 12, 2009

Hi all,

To report any abuse or email spam/scams/phishing through your ProZ.com mail service, submit a support request via the support system. Just remember to add a copy of the message received, including headers, to help support staff handle the problem more efficiently.

You can do this more quickly and efficiently by just clicking on the link provided after "Unsolicited advertising? Spam? click here:" at the bottom of the messages received through your profile. This will generate a support request automatically that will inform staff of the situation and provide the information on the sender needed so that appropriate action can be taken to keep the site safe and secure.

Hope this helps!

Bests,

Lucia

Aniello Scognamiglio  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
Does it help? May 12, 2009

I keep reporting ProZ.com mail abuse by submitting support requests, however, the issue seems to remain unresolved.

Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Yes, it does May 12, 2009

Aniello Scognamiglio wrote:
Does it help?

I keep reporting ProZ.com mail abuse by submitting support requests, however, the issue seems to remain unresolved.

Every time a spam/scam situation is reported, actions are taken to prevent further emails from being sent using the reported profile and/or email address.

By reporting spam early, you are also helping other translators-- helping to avoid their receiving similar spam.

Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A serious thing-- spam sent through profile (Staff: please report spam via the support system)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search