KudoZ: Notification for post-grade answers?
Thread poster: invguy

invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:22
English to Bulgarian
Aug 23, 2003

I have happened to review a question after it had been graded, and conclude that none of the answers given (including the chosen one) were optimal. In such cases I normally post my answer, even though the question is already closed.

There has never been (at least so far) any reaction from the asker - except for those two cases when I notified the asker myself.

I wonder: do askers get notification about answers they receive after grading/closing their question? Would be good if they did, IMHO.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx xxx
Probably Aug 24, 2003

invguy wrote:

I have happened to review a question after it had been graded, and conclude that none of the answers given (including the chosen one) were optimal. In such cases I normally post my answer, even though the question is already closed.

There has never been (at least so far) any reaction from the asker - except for those two cases when I notified the asker myself.

I wonder: do askers get notification about answers they receive after grading/closing their question? Would be good if they did, IMHO.

Hallo,

I have had a reaction once regarding a post-grading contribution I had posted. So I guess the asker had been notified of the additional answer I had given.

Cheers

Diane

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:22
English to German
+ ...
Yes, they do... Aug 24, 2003

...whether they actually respond to a post-grading answer is a different question, of course.

Best regards, Ralf

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ralf! Aug 24, 2003

Yes, I see why few would respond, but it's good that they are being informed anyway.

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Double notification Aug 24, 2003

BTW Ralf, you might want to know that I got double notifications about both yours and Diane's postings to this thread, in both cases sent within 30 seconds of each other, the first one having a subject line "Reply to your topic [KudoZ: Notification for post-grade answers?]", and the second - "Reply to topic [KudoZ: Notification for post-grade answers?]"

New and old design each sending a notification of its own??

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:22
English to German
+ ...
Forward the notifications Aug 25, 2003

Hi "invguy",
Old and new design share the same database. Sometimes a duplicate notification is sent if an error message is received during processing.

If it happens again, can you please forward the notifications (including the IP headers, if possible) to me?

Thanks, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: Notification for post-grade answers?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search